[plug] Linux External Modem

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 28 11:41:46 WST 2004

Hi,

I am currently installing Linux on a computer for a work colleague who
knows nothing about computers really, I am almost finished bar i can't
get her modem working.
It is an internal ESS technology modem. I can't get it working, but
thats cool.

Basically I am looking for an external modem that will "work" straight
away without me having to "compile" anything. I can configure it so
long aas there isn't going to be a driver problem. It needs to be easy.
I've looked into the whole "winmodem" thing and have decided external
is going to be easiest.

Can somebody please recommend an external modem that is going to work
on Mandrake 10.1 Official.

Brock