[plug] Linux External Modem

Matt Carlsen matt_carlsen at westnet.com.au
Sun Nov 28 23:50:00 WST 2004

A dynalink 56k e-modem served me well up until i got adsl
serial port simply plug it in and go
my advice is to stay away from the netcomm nb1300 series,
if westnet is still selling them.
they suck,  have an irc port bug, which netcomm has showed
no interest in fixing, netcomm supplies what seemed to be indian support.

billion 5100 has worked well for me, some overheating and
 nonresponsiveness under extreme load for extended period
of time though.