[plug] Prefered Music Format

Matt Carlsen matt_carlsen at westnet.com.au
Mon Nov 29 00:08:05 WST 2004

i prefer ogg from a double blind test someone had put on the net a while
ago,
so now all my cds are ripped in ogg, quality @ 6 = to 192vbr mp3
incidentally i just bought my mother an "mp3 player" for christmas
(shes actually quite computer literate) the iriver H320, and i tell ya,
it is the best i could find.
colour screen, plays ogg, mp3, wma, wav.
can connect a digital camera to it without a computer and download the
pictures
on to view and save, ( good since she has a 5 megapixal camera, and they
dont store that many pics).
has radio reception, can record music on the line-in straight to mp3,
and now since two or three weeks ago can play a limited xvid video
with new firmware.
perfect for the open source warrior!
got it for $599 at mstation.com.au
they claim it is on special down from 799
oh and dont get the american version s it doesnt have the usb host function

http://iriver.com/product/info.asp?p_name=H320