[plug] no more lawsuits disclaimer idea.

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Nov 30 00:48:29 WST 2004

(cc'd to rms. I wonder what he thinks)

I wonder if people could insert a line like this;-

"By distributing this product, you have agreed any pending legal suits you
have against the distribution or use of GPL'ed products against the
author or any third party are automatically resolved in the author or the
third parties favor. This does not apply to lawsuits designed to enforce
the GPL, but does apply to lawsuits to enforce other copyrights or
patents."

..in there free software licences for stuff they wrote. Would it violate
there GPL? Would the "FSF can upgrade your licence clause to V3" clause be
invoked to add this line in current GPL products by the FSF.

:)

Think about it :) SCO does infact still distribute the linux kernel, and
various kit from GNU operating environments. Imagine if that baby got
auto-upgraded in the licence. :)

--
"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do
it, that's trustworthiness."