[plug] Alsa, esd, quake and xmms

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 2 20:18:58 WST 2004

Oh don't worry, it's much better, and yes, you can have it access two things
simultaneously, and a lot better than OSS does. Have you been to the site
and grabbed the source of the newest ones, or are you using .deb/.rpms? It's
good to grab just about everything on the site if you haven't already done
so, all of the library and oss emulation packages, etc. I don't think I've
had quake 3 use esd before, I've heard ppl refer to esd as only good for
making the occasional 'bloop' sound, but that could be wrong. :)