[plug] Kmail ssh precommand problem

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Tue Oct 5 13:07:16 WST 2004

Hi:

I'm attempting to use kmail to collect mail from my plug account by creating a
ssh tunnel.  I'm using the following precommand:

ssh -C -f spark.plug.linux.org.au -L 11110:spark.plug.linux.org.au:110 sleep
1000

I'm getting the following error:

The precommand exited with code 255

When I type it in at the CLI it works great and I can telnet to
localhost:11110.  Everything works a treat.  When I type it in at the CLI and
use Kmail to connect to localhost:11110 without the precommand everything
works a treat as well.  It's just the precommand in kmail.

Anyone got any suggestions?

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

"Based on what you know about him in history books, what do you think Abraham
Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today?
	1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War.
	2) Advising the President.
	3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his
	   coffin."
-- David Letterman

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/