[plug] scanners

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Oct 5 13:46:09 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 13:12, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Not that they're all that super either, at least the cheap ones. The
> POST had an older Nikon model that gave even worse results than a
> flatbed. On the other hand, I have seen some spectacular results from
> even cheaper newer models, so YMMV.

I've got a Nikon Coolscan V ED (LS-50), you can get them for around $1K
now (I paid just over $1200 when they first came out earlier this year).

By some accounts, the earlier Nikons weren't that fantastic.. but I can
attest to the current ones being good.  Some of the photos I've scanned
with mine here:  www.jensz.id.au/gallery/

The LS-50 doesn't work with Sane though as yet.. I just tried.

/ Ben