[plug] *** Changes to PLUG user machines ***

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Oct 6 00:12:38 WST 2004

[Apologies to anyone who may receive more than one copy of this message.]

Hi all,

As many of you are aware, PLUG has provided accounts on its machines,
spark and xbox, to its members.  Once we finish the software set-up and
find hosting for the new machine (shameless), the situation will be as
follows:

 * spark.plug and xbox.plug will remain available to PLUG members.
   The home directories on xbox.plug will be independent from the
   other PLUG machines and there will be rather less space available.

 * kettle.plug (a Debian Sarge UML instance running on shameless) will
   become available as a general use machine for PLUG members.

 * shameless.plug will be our web server, mail server and news server.
   It will also be the authentication server for spark, kettle and
   xbox; and the file server which the home directories on spark and
   kettle are mounted from.  However, PLUG members won't be able to
   log into it directly.

 * Only current financial members of PLUG will have their accounts
   re-created on the new machine.  Note that there are currently
   almost 60 spark/xbox accounts belonging to people without current
   PLUG membership.

PLUG members will retain their username at plug.org.au e-mail addresses
and web space at http://www.plug.org.au/~username/

The lists below are what we will be using when we create the new
accounts.  Please e-mail any corrections or requests to
committee at plug.org.au; e.g. if:

 * You are a current financial member of PLUG but your account is
   listed for deletion.

 * You are a current financial member of PLUG, have not got an account
   yet, but would like to have one.

 * You are not a current PLUG member, but would like join so that you
   can keep your account.

 * You are not a current PLUG member and would like to have a copy of
   your old home directory and mail spool sent to you.

 * You would like to have your account re-named.

Regards,

Cameron.

SPARK/XBOX ACCOUNTS TO BE REMOVED
---------------------------------

albert                  Chris Crawford
alpha                   Joshua Pierre
anarchisttomato         John Knight
andrewm                 Andrew McMeikan
assassin                Greg Mildenhall
aston                   Aston Clulow
brad                    Brad Campbell
chris                   Chris Cornish
clearsol                Bret Busby
daniel                  Daniel Pearson
darrellh                Darrell Horrocks
davyd                   Davyd Madeley
db                      David Buddrige
fguidara                Frank Guidara
geoffrey                Geoffrey Pearcel
gherardi                Carl Gherardi
grogers                 Gavin Rogers
hora                    Peter Hora
integral                Richard
james                   James Bromberger
jas                     Jason Belchor
jason                   Jason Nicholls
jenny                   Jenny Carberry
jensz                   Ben Jensz
jlmiller                Jon Miller
kibelan                 Ben Kelly
kimbotha                Kim Covil
konrad                  Konrad Rubin
lgude                   Lorenz Gude
mariw                   Mari Wang
mattrob                 Matthew Robinson
misskim                 Kimberly Shelt
mtearle                 Mark Tearle
mullerc                 Christian Muller
nathand                 Nathan Daniels
navarre                 Glen Thurston
oddsocks                Michael Hunt
pere                    Petter Reinholdtsen
pete                    Peter Wright
phillips                Trevor Phillips
priyesh                 Priyesh Shah
ptehvand                Patrick Tehvand
robd                    Rob Dunne
ryan                    Ryan Armanasco
sacha                   Sacha Schlegel
scott                   Scott Middleton
shagpile                Daniel Guidara
sm                      Sebastian Malcolm
solhanna                Sol Hanna
squorrox                Colin Muller
terry65                 Terry Sansbury
testius                 Liam Rowland
tlloyd                  Trent Lloyd
womble                  Brian Tombleson
yoda                    Garry Buckle

FINANCIAL MEMBERS OF PLUG WITH SPARK/XBOX ACCOUNTS

acj                     Ashley Jennings
adrinew                 Adrian Woodley
bob                     Bob Ogden
cameron                 Cameron Patrick
clare                   Clare Johnstone
cottmain                Daniel Beard      (or barista?)
craigab                 Craig Abernethie
dagobah                 Bernard Blackham  (to be renamed to bernard)
darts                   Dave Dartnall
devenish                James Devenish
harrymc                 Harry McNally
kemner                  Matt Kemner