[plug] Anyone using SBLive! with Linux?

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 13:00:49 WST 2004

This one sounds weird, but it sounds as if you're alternating from frount
out and rear out. This is stereo, right? Not surround? If so, under windows,
try alternating between 2 speakers and 4, there should be a plug that works
in both, which is front-stereo-out. If you have the knowledge of how to do
so, I suggest you switch to ALSA if Mandrake isn't already running it, but
these may be a bit hard if you don't know what you're doing.

If the plug that was working in Windows happens to be surround output,
however, then things get harder. Under Linux, you'll need a mixer like gamix
that will enable surround output, or switch to stereo output for both
systems. This may all be a bit confusing, but feel free to ask further
questions. :)

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we
give those three heaps!"