[plug] Re: Localhost problems and new problems

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Sat Oct 9 19:45:35 WST 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 07:05 pm, Joong Cho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My localhost works now. yipee!!!
>
> I'm now having problems with my mouse. I am using a KVM switch with a USB
> converter on it. Everytime I switch back and forth between computers, the
> mouse tends to freeze up when you go back to debian. i always have to
> reconfigure it in xserver. Does anyone know how to work around this
> problem?
>
> Also, I've downloaded vsftp for my ftp thing. I'm stuck as to how to give
> someone a password so that they can start uploading their files. Need help
> with that as well.

Hi Joong

I think I can answer the first question: if you are using a Belkin KVM, it's a
hardware problem which drops data when switching from one computer to the
other. Sort of like unplugging the mouse while the computer is on - it
doesn't like it!. I have had the same problem for a couple of years with one
of these and not found a solution (other than throwing out the switch and
getting one that works properly), so I use one keyboard and two mice.

If anyone has a solution, I'd be pleased to hear it :-)

Steve

--
Ph: +61 8 97560662, IP-Phone: FWD# 454566, e164.org# 61897560662

"Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves
up and continue on as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill