[plug] Re: Localhost problems and new problems

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Oct 9 19:58:50 WST 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:05:18 +0800 "Joong Cho" <joongcho at westnet.com.au>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My localhost works now. yipee!!!

:-) Well c'mon. 'Fess up. What fixed it then ?

> I'm now having problems with my mouse. I am using a KVM switch with a USB
> converter on it. Everytime I switch back and forth between computers, the
> mouse tends to freeze up when you go back to debian. i always have to
> reconfigure it in xserver. Does anyone know how to work around this
> problem?

Yes. Get a KVM that works properly :-/ IIRC I did say that some KVM don't
maintain mouse and/or keyboard state very well for Linux; I've no idea why.
Someone else might. Check on the KVM site to see if it says "Linus aware"
or something not like "Windows roolz. With everythink else our KVM sucks"
.. or somesuch. In the meantime, can you juggle two mice on the bench and
just KVM the keyboard and monitor ?

> Also, I've downloaded vsftp for my ftp thing. I'm stuck as to how to give
> someone a password so that they can start uploading their files. Need
> help with that as well.

Did you
man vsftp
or look at the config file
or check if anything useful can be found in /usr/share/doc/vsftp
or check documehntation on the sourceforge page or wherever it is ?

These may give you some pointers.

cu
Harry

--