[plug] Suse 9.1 post install issue...

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 23:28:45 WST 2004

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:57:58 +0800, Bernd Felsche
<bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au> wrote:

> "Senectus ." <senectus at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >Is there an australian mirror for SUSE YOU ?
>
> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/suse/ is what I use. It's about a
> day behind the European servers sometimes; usually quite good
> though.

Yeah it is good.. quite quick too.
I think I've nailed it down to one of the non recommended
patches/updates. (I've done about three installs on my desktop PC
today.. )
I'm pretty sure your right about it being a bad hwinfo patch.. but I
need to do more testing to be sure :-)
I wish I'd known about the YaST backup feature before now :-P would
have saved me a lot of time..

When the "personal" version of 9.2 comes out can I use that to upgrade
the professional version of 9.1 I have?
As far as I can tell the only difference is that the professional
version has a lot of extra software on the DVD...

--
Nothing dies faster than a new idea in a closed mind.