[plug] Suse 9.1 post install issue...

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 15:33:25 WST 2004

> >When the "personal" version of 9.2 comes out can I use that to upgrade
> >the professional version of 9.1 I have?
>
> I expect so. Previous SuSE upgrades have worked OK. The latest one
> from 9.0 Pro to 9.1 Pro worked without any additional effort. There
> were issues upgrading before 8.2; mostly due to the change in
> default MTA (sendmail to postfix) and the userid mapping conflicting
> with normal userids now starting at 1000, whereas up to 8.2, they
> started at 500... which now collides with a radius server install.
>
> Usually, I have a set of "alternate system" partitions into which I
> can install a fresh version and then migrate the configuration at
> leisure.
>
> >As far as I can tell the only difference is that the professional
> >version has a lot of extra software on the DVD...
>
> Yes; saves a lot of downloads. Some of the installed packages may
> not "upgrade" automatically at first glance; that's my main concern
> with the upgrade from Professional to Personal.

Bernd, Thanks for your assistance.. With your help and SuSE's
tendencies to make everything "just work" I've really enjoyed my time
with SuSE.
Are you aware of any other mail lists, news groups and forums for
Australian SuSE users that you would recommend?

--
Nothing dies faster than a new idea in a closed mind.