[plug] emails rejected

Russ Powers russ at powerstech.com
Sun Oct 10 17:48:12 WST 2004

Hi,

I have a couple of different email accounts. This one,
russ at powerstech.com, I've had for many years. But the domain belongs to
my brother in the US. He doesn't host it himself, he uses primus, and I
am unable to send email using that host. So I send from my host using
powerstech.com as my reply address.

I haven't had any problems with this before that I know of. I've always
used my iinet and yahoo accounts to test it, sending and receiving.

Just recently, I fixed a problem with spamassassin and exim which was
causing fetchmail to reject spam fromm my iinet account but not flush
it. So spam was filling up that mailbox. (I noticed only because I
started seeing a lot of activity on my modem. Every time fetchmail ran,
it would download all the spam and reject them one at a time but was
never deleting.)

After I fixed it, I was testing to make sure nothing broke. That's when
I found that my yahoo account wasn't accepting mail from my server with
the powerstech reply address. The other accounts work. I assume yahoo is
doing a reverse dns lookup and sees my host isn't powerstech so dumps
the mail.

That doesn't bother me so much except that I don't get any warning or
notification. Is there a way around this or at least a way of being
alerted that the mail isn't getting to its destination?

Sorry it took so long to ask such a simple question.  ;)

Thanks.

--
Russ Powers <russ at powerstech.com>