[plug] Re: Localhost

Carl Gherardi cgherardi at iprimus.com.au
Mon Oct 11 20:58:30 WST 2004

On 10/10/2004, at 1:42 PM, Joong Cho wrote:

> With the KVM switch thingy, I'm using a DLink KVM switch. Also, should
> just get a PS/2 mouse and see if that works, otherwise, I might use
> your
> suggestions, of using two mouses. I think I'll get confused but. :)

I'm using a couple of different kvms at work and see some of the issues
mentioned previously. One is a 16 port kvm on an extenter over cat 5
from a server room so multiple mice was never going to cut it.

To fix the issue with my blackbox kvm I hit Ctrl then 'r' which is a
blackbox specific keyboard/mouse software reset, both linux and windows
respond to this pretty well. Worth checking to see if your manufacturer
has a similar, probably undocumented feature.

My other kvm has a switch on the back of it, flicking that on and off
quickly sorts reset problems out for that. On a previous kvm this used
to hang any windows boxes, but work fine under linux.

YMMV

Carl