[plug] Apt-get g++

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Tue Oct 12 17:19:10 WST 2004

I am performing an `apt-get install g++`
Unfortunately it wants to REMOVE modutils which I don't think is very
good. Is it possible that these are replaced by another package or is it
some weird conflict doing bad things.
The new packages it is going to install are:
 cpp-3.3 g++ g++-3.3 gcc-3.3 libc6-dev libstdc++5-3.3-dev
linux-kernel-headers
and it is going to upgrade the following:
binutils cpp gcc gcc-3.3-base libc6 libstdc++5
It is going to remove 'modutils'
The current versions of the packages it is going to update are:
||/ Name                      Version                   Description
+++-=========================-=========================-==================================================================
ii  binutils                  2.12.90.0.1-4             The GNU
assembler, linker and binary utilities.
ii  cpp                       2.95.4-14                 The GNU C
preprocessor.
ii  gcc                       2.95.4-14                 The GNU C compiler.
ii  gcc-3.3-base              3.3.3-0pre2               The GNU Compiler
Collection (base package)
ii  libc6                     2.3.2.ds1-13              GNU C Library:
Shared libraries and Timezone data
ii  libstdc++5                3.3.4-6sarge1.2           The GNU Standard
C++ Library v3
My sources.list is as follows
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
deb ftp://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
With the deb 3.0 CDs (7 set)
as well as other packages in a mirror from testing and unstable.
The default distro is supposed to be stable but I can't find it set any
where.
Any ideas as to what I should do? I don't particully like the idea of
removing modutils
Tim