[plug] Massively cheaper 512/512 ADSL plans

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Oct 13 09:53:54 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 09:42, Leon Brooks wrote:
> ArachNet, since 01 Oct, have a 512/512 ADSL plan for $77 a month including
> 12GB (plus, natch, free WAIX). That was not a typoe, 512kb/512kb _not_
> 512kb/128kb. If you're hosting stuff at home, this is difficult to beat.

Yeah. I can vouch for this as I'm using it right now. Great for VOIP,
shout casting, web serving, Skype conferences, FTP uploads, Unison,
sending e-mails and other files faster, you name it.

I don't know how they do it though. I almost fell off my chair when I
saw it and sent a new RT ticket right away. I seriously thought the
price was a typo because I used to pay $88pm for 512/128.

regards,

Chris