[plug] Recomended pop3 server Debian

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Oct 13 16:30:57 WST 2004

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

> I reckon dovecot is good because it provides for imap as well.  Although
> a lot of people use cyrus as well but I can't get it to work but meh
> thats just my noobie status :P.

Nah, it's because Cyrus is a pain to configure. If you just want POP,
using Cyrus is a bit like nuking a fly, and it probably won't be worth
the additional time and effort involved in configuring it. It's great
for fast, reliable IMAP service, but not well suited to operating a
simple pop server.

Dovecot is probably a much better choice.

--
Craig Ringer