[plug] Network gone...

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:08:04 WST 2004

For some reason, after I rebooted my laptop yesterday I lost my LAN
connection in SuSE..

Ifconfig shows its up and has the correct static IP address.
ifconfig down then up has no effect.
ping 127.0.0.1 works fine
but ping 10.2.3.73 (the static address allocated) comes up with
"Network Unreachable" immediatly (ie it doesn't pause for even a
second to "consider" pinging that address).

I have made no changes to any of that, the only system changes made
was that I installed via YaST the evolution application and a whole
bunch of Dev library's so I could compile the latest ximian
connector... As I understand it these things shouldn't affect the NIC
setup...

Any ideas what I've broken?

--
Nothing dies faster than a new idea in a closed mind.