[plug] Massively cheaper 512/512 ADSL plans

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Wed Oct 13 16:48:25 WST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:42, Leon Brooks wrote:

> For more broadband prices, try: http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ - which hasn't
> yet caught up to ArachNet (note that the price of this plan dropped $44!).
> In the sub-$100 512/512 range they list ZCTS (who appear to be in or near
> Bunbury, not sure what "preselect" is, maybe it combines with their 'phone
> plans), Spin, SwiftDSL, CyberLink and Jazinet. Most of whom I've never
> heard of.

I'm just so blown away with these prices.  I'm paying $100/month for dial-up
(admittedly with 6 static IPs).  Time for me to upgrade my server then change
over to adsl (if the phone lines in our apartments can handle it).  What is
'better' as far as speed goes?  1500/256 or 512/512?  Sorry, I've been living
in the dark ages too long, I'm far from a full bottle on this.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

Attorney General Edwin Meese III explained why the Supreme Court's Miranda
decision (holding that subjects have a right to remain silent and have a
lawyer present during questioning) is unnecessary: "You don't have many
suspects who are innocent of a crime.  That's contradictory.  If a person
is innocent of a crime, then he is not a suspect."
		-- U.S. News and World Report, 10/14/85

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/