[plug] Preferred mail scanning system?

Andrew Barbara andrew at focusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 14 08:16:47 WST 2004

Has anyone used MailScanner?
www.mailscanner.info

It is not a SMTP Proxy and it will use any AV software and will also
check the RDBs.  I have
SpamAssassin hooked into mine and it works a treat!!

Regards,
Andrew Barbara

FocusNet I.T. Consulting
0433 124 852
andrew at focusnet.com.au

Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> writes:

>Bernd Felsche wrote:

>>Amavis would be top of my charts. The commercial AntiVir version

>>works well as a content filter with postfix. I have it running

>>that way at one site (actually a number of servers throughout

>>Australia).

>OK, I'll have to look into that. I see those two amavis variants

>coming up quite a bit, though I was unaware there was a commercial

>variant.

Well; commercial plugin is probbaly closer to the mark.

As I understand it, amavis can use a variety of content scanners.

>>The anti-virus and anti-spam scanners all seem to require one

>>instance per message. That's the simple method of implementation and

>>intuitively; the most secure.

>What about SpamAssassin's spamd, and clamav's clamd? My

>understanding is that both of those used the Apache 1.x daemon

>service model, rather than strict one-helper-per-job. I could have

>easily missed something though.

So could I! :-)

Frankly; I'd rather not have a daemon left in a state by a previous

message.

--

/\ Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au

Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au