[plug] ProFTPd experts?

Joong Cho joongcho at westnet.com.au
Thu Oct 14 08:38:05 WST 2004

Hello,

Are there any ProFTPd experts out there? I'm having trouble uploading my
files to a particular user. I get a 550 $filename Permission Denied error
message everytime I upload a file. Does anyone know how to solve this
problem? My directory is chmoded to 755, but I still can't upload anything.
Could this be due to the firewall that I might have installed? How do you
check to see which services are running under a firewall?

Also, when I log in with that user in Debian, I see a security lock icon on
the public_html folder. Could this be preventing me from uploading files as
well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Joong Cho
President
Joong Cho Enterprises

&

Web Site Administrator and Web Site Designer
http://www.joongcho.com/
http://www.startreklibrary.com/