[plug] ADSL plans

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu Oct 14 21:43:47 WST 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:34, Chris Caston wrote:

> Of course you could wait a few years (or have the "right connections"
> now) and implement 802.16 which has a MUCH greater range and is not
> line-of-sight.

Without having much knowledge of the specifics, that was what I was thinking.
Given the enormous upfront costs for laying cable and the amount of time
taken to lay cable across even something as small as the Perth metro area, I
would have thought that at this stage Telcos would be looking seriously at
wireless as an eventual replacement for cable.  With my small amount of
knowledge in this area I would have thought it was only a matter of time
before wireless, in one form or another, takes over.

Please feel free to shatter all my illusions =).

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

There was a writer in 'Life' magazine ... who claimed that rabbits have
no memory, which is one of their defensive mechanisms.  If they recalled
every close shave they had in the course of just an hour life would become
insupportable.
		-- Kurt Vonnegut

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/