[plug] ADSL plans

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Thu Oct 14 22:09:12 WST 2004

>  With my small amount of
>knowledge in this area I would have thought it was only a matter of time
>before wireless, in one form or another, takes over.
>
>Please feel free to shatter all my illusions =).

Ok :-)

Problem with wireless is one of bandwidth, to give everyone good quality
access, you need zillions of access points. The larger the number of access
points, the lower the power you can make them, and the more you fit in an
area without interference.

I think the best thing for Western Power etc to do, since they already own
the right-of-way on power poles and trenches, is to put ordinary 802.11 APs
on every second power pole or whatever and deliver broadband over that.

Cheers,
Gavin.

---
       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
    ICQ: 17230395  MSN: VK6HGR  Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au