[plug] ADSL plans

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Fri Oct 15 01:09:23 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 18:30, Craig Ringer wrote:
>
>>Chris Caston wrote:
>>

>>>OK sorry it looks like I have hit a cord. Although I know nothing about
>>>the technology I assume that someone will develop an implementation that
>>>doesn't have the interference such in insulated power cables.
>>
>>That would, unfortunately, completely negate the point. The only real
>>advantage of broadband over power lines is the re-use of existing
>>infrastructure. If you need to do much to that infrastructure, why not
>>just run fibre instead?
>>

> It *may* well be easier to *convince* WPC to insulate all the cables
> that it would be to convince Telstra to allow ADSL. Just a guess.

Err... not particularly well versed in electromagnetic theory?
Please just take it as read it will *not* happen in any way, shape or form.

There are a multitude of factors involved both financially and technically which mean it's not even
worth considering.

I'm not flaming or biting, please just understand it's not feasible.

Regards,
Brad