[plug] Mandrake 10.1 local PLF and Contrib, 2 YO and CDs

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Fri Oct 15 01:24:07 WST 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 21:51, Jim Householder wrote:
> urpmi --auto-select gives me:
> To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be
> installed (48 MB): glibc-2.3.3-20mdk.i586
> glibc-devel-2.3.3-20mdk.i586
> perl-5.8.5-3mdk.i586
> perl-URPM-1.03-1mdk.i586
> perl-base-5.8.5-3mdk.i586
> perl-devel-5.8.5-3mdk.i586
> popt-1.8.2-15mdk.i586
> rpm-4.2.2-15mdk.i586
> rpm-build-4.2.2-15mdk.i586
> urpmi-4.5-25.mdk.noarch

> Is this prelimiary to the main event, or all I'm going to get?

Probably preliminary, as it will want to upgrade URPMI and dependencies
before using it to upgrade everything else.

Try "urpmi urpmi" and see if you get a similar list. Then "urpmi
--auto-select" and you may have to chase some things through by hand (I
did on a *very* heavily laden system (2000 packages installed), e.g.
mod_php didn't automatically happen because it tried for mod_php5 and
couldn't install it due to file conflicts with the old mod_php (4), so
I explicitly asked for plain mod_php and after that it didn't try for
v5; gtk+2.0 didn't happen for similar reasons so I explicitly URPMI'ed
it and the other GTK-ish dependencies fell into line).

Cheers; Leon