[plug] Terminal Server

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Sat Oct 16 12:19:01 WST 2004

As some of you may have gathered I am running a kind of terminal server.
I have heard of people running terminal services that basically keep
your session running and take it with you. If you login to another
terminal it just disconnects your session from the terminal it is
displayed on and brings it to terminal you are logging into with all
your apps still running(Prompting you of course). A logout merely
disconnects the session and returns to the login screen. Of course, idle
sessions get logged out after an idle timeout but that's not always
wanted everywhere.
So, is this possible under Linux and using XDMCP?
If not XDMCP then what?
Also, is there an easy way to incorporate Windows clients? i.e. make
them terminals as well so that no local login is required but is available?
Thanks
Tim
p.s. If the setup I described is yours, and i got something wrong, sorry.