[plug] Antivirus

Margo margo.adams at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 23:12:24 WST 2004

Hi All

I am endeavoring to setup antivirus on this system. Suse Pro 9.1 with KDE
3.3. I'm using Kmail (now) for my email.

I have tried setting up clamav but haven't had much joy so far. I managed to
setup a cron job to update the av database but have not managed to get the
daemon running or really understand the instructions.

So, What av programs do you use/recommend (if any) and how easy are they to
setup?

Also, Kmail now recognises various spam filters. I have installed
"Bogofilter" not sure if that's the best option there.

Thirdly, should I use PGP?

I know :) they are all different questions but in a sense they are all email
related!

Margo

Suse LInux Pro 9.1 with KDE 3.3 And LOVING IT!