[plug] Antivirus

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Oct 18 00:42:27 WST 2004

Margo wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am endeavoring to setup antivirus on this system. Suse Pro 9.1 with KDE
> 3.3. I'm using Kmail (now) for my email.
>
> I have tried setting up clamav but haven't had much joy so far. I managed to
> setup a cron job to update the av database but have not managed to get the
> daemon running or really understand the instructions.
>
> So, What av programs do you use/recommend (if any) and how easy are they to
> setup?

I live and die by F-prot for linux & windows. Dead easy to use and free for personal use. (Well, not
the full on win32 client, but the linux version is)

Have used it since its early dos only days and never had an issue with it at all (nor an infection,
which is more than I can say for NAV, and unlike NAV it does not disable your dhcp stack when you
un-install it!)

Regards,
Brad