[plug] Apache vhost alias_module

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 19 18:45:37 WST 2004

Hi Chris,

In message <1098180934.2856.61.camel at localhost>
on Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 06:15:34PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> I commentedthe the funny <virtual host> lines out of the httpd.conf and
> found that I also have to comment out line 935
>  #AddModule mod_auth_vhost.c before it could start.

Excellent. Virtual hosting is built-in as a core feature of Apache, so
it requires no dynamic modules. I have never used mod_vhost_alias or
mod_auth_vhost and they are not needed for normal virtual hosting.
If you have a specific need for them, you should of course feel free
to use them, and I don't know why the installation did not work as you
expected.