[plug] md5 mismatch

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Thu Oct 21 15:29:42 WST 2004

Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, quoth Jim Householder:
>

>>While I can mount the offending iso loopback ok, when I enter the
>>above rsync (with correct local pathname) it starts fetching the whole
>>iso (as a single file I think since the estimated time is nearly 8
>>hours @ 26KB).
>

> It will still count from 1% to 100%, and initially will be a little slow
> as it works out the changes, but it does work.
>
> As you might be aware of I run an online CD shop (shop.linuxit.com.au) and
> have hundreds of ISO on file, so this issue comes up quite often, and I've
> always used the rsync trick with great success.
>
>  - Matt

Slightly off topic to this but linked in nonetheless.  If the rsync
works on iso's does it have the same effect on windows .exe files.  I
seem to try and downloaded desert combat off of 3fl and seem to manage
to get a corrupt copy.  Now its 500 meg file so it gets kinda annoying
so my theory is if rsync works would it work on a .exe file.

Regards,

Marc