[plug] Anitvirus.?

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Mon Oct 25 12:58:41 WST 2004

James Elliott wrote:

> Sorry to be off topic but I would welcome the benefit of your collective
> wisdom.  My Norton Antivirus 2004 subscription has just expired and I
> was thinking of using AVG (Grisoft) this time around.  I would welcome
> any advice for or against this product and/or recommendations for other
> products - even just to know what you, yourself, use and have confidence
> in.
>
> Many thanks,  James Elliott
I use this software on all my machines at work and have had no problems
whatsoever.

An example which is just to show what I found is that norton scanned my
g/f computer and it found 6 viruss' I then installed avg and it found
another 4 viruss'.  Now I'm not saying norton is better or worse I just
find the updates for avg happen a lot more than norton.

However I've heard other people swear by norton.

I prefer AVG since for some reason I have had no issues at all with
viruss' but that could just be me.

So yeah I think its a better program.

HTH

Marc