[plug] Re: [users] Antivirus.?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Oct 26 05:29:40 WST 2004

Jo a écrit :

> James Elliott wrote:
>
>> Sorry to be off topic but I would welcome the benefit of your
>> collective wisdom.  My Norton Antivirus 2004 subscription has just
>> expired and I was thinking of using AVG (Grisoft) this time around.
>> I would welcome any advice for or against this product and/or
>> recommendations for other products - even just to know what you,
>> yourself, use and have confidence in.
>>
>> Many thanks,  James Elliott
>

> Go and have a look at my web page: www.winfix.it/indexEN.html
>
> If you don't have NAV anymore, you will also need ZoneAlarm, Ad-Aware
> and Spybot S&D. For the moment I like Avast better than AVG, and a few
> months ago I preferred Antivir over AVG. They are all free for
> personal use. The only disadvantage of Avast is that it can't be
> scheduled.
>
> Jo

Or you could try this OpenSource virus checker that is totally FREE --
ClamAV!  *ClamWin* is the windows version.  You will find ClamWin at:
http://www.clamwin.com/

We have switched our 4 computers to it and it seems to work very well!
It has been running on our computers for the last 3-4 months.

Marc Paré