[plug] desktop to screen

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Oct 26 12:57:57 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

> As far as I know, you can't. Sorry. Bernard mentioned a little while ago
> that there's experimental support in gtk for it now.

Emacs has supported it since forever, FWIW (with M-x make-frame-on-display).

> Hopefully doing such client moves (and hopefully disconnects/reconnects)
> will become more common in time. X11 has been around for a while though...

Apparently it's one of those things which has always been planned for
X to support but no-one actually got around to writing decent client
support for it.  Disconnects/reconnects are harder again, mainly
because of Xlib sucking.

Cameron.