[plug] Debian 2.6.8 686

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Wed Sep 1 08:07:59 WST 2004

I have apt-getted kernel-image-2.6.8-1-686 and forced it to not get
kernel-source-2.6.8. Unfortunately after adding it lilo and making sure
that I have my old system in lilo it fails to boot (and yes i have run
lilo.)
When it boots it loads the initrd (the dots go across the screen) and
then the screen goes blank. It appears to stop there as the HDD light is
on and stays on. Nothing happens, no sounds, nothing.
What have I done wrong? Should I try a different kernel? I will compile
my own when I get the sources as I am on dialup.
Tim