plug at plug policy issues [was: Re: [plug] [rant] 2.6 Kernels]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 1 18:07:33 WST 2004

In message <200409011801.56103.alexander.nordstrom at tpg.com.au>
on Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 06:01:55PM +0800, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> > On the topic of whether PLUG's MO is indicated, I was under the
> > impression that the list server would have been sending you e-mails
> > saying "your message has been held for approval".
> I've not received those. (Perhaps they were sent to the munged address?)

Doh! Yes, of course. I *knew* there was a reason that I really didn't
like the munged addresses :-P

> I think if I were in that position, I'd reject messages from
> non-subscribers outright

Sometimes we get posts from people who are new to the user of e-mail,
so I suppose it's nice to be inclusive of their attempts.

> set up some spam filtering

I think the mail server is a 20MHz SPARC clone.

> > As for whether it is any trouble for me, well, there are nominally
> > two other plug at plug administrators with whom I share the load. Right,
> > Craig? ;-)
>
> In that case, I also apologise to anyone else I've inconvenienced.

LOL, no, no one's been inconvenienced. The others let me do most of the
list admin chores, so they might not have noticed your e-mails yet :)