[plug] Success! was Re: Printing to Apple Laswerwriter 16/600 via TCP

Rod lavo at mac.com
Tue Sep 7 15:15:56 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 13:48, James Devenish wrote:
> Hmmm, sounds like you have covered most of the angles. I don't know why
> it wouldn't work for you. I've been using the CUPS print system with
> Linux and UNIX for several years (and these days, it's also what's
> built in to Mac OS X) and I have never had any trouble talking to
> LaserWriters. I don't use Mandrake, so I don't know how its print system
> compares to CUPS. If it *is* CUPS, I would question whether the print
> queue is 'disabled' due to repeated errors -- maybe it just needs to be
> re-enabled?

Thanks James and Marc.  The answer lied in CUPS, where I had to create
an additional CUPS server at the printer´s ip address.  Then I entered
the printer´s device uri (LPD) and the test print worked.  Relief!

Seeya

Rod!

PS Now I have to come to grips with having to double type some keys to
get the right symbol eg inverted comma!