Keyboard problem [was: Re: [plug] Success! was Re: Printing to Apple Laswerwriter 16/600 via TCP]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 7 15:25:32 WST 2004

In message <1094541355.2178.29.camel at localhost>
on Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 03:15:56PM +0800, Rod wrote:
> Thanks James and Marc.  The answer lied in CUPS, where I had to create
> an additional CUPS server at the printer?s ip address.

I don't even know what you're talking about, but good for you! ;-)

> PS Now I have to come to grips with having to double type some keys to
> get the right symbol eg inverted comma!

Did you select a keyboard layout other than something boring like US?
Sounds like your system is letting you enter digraphs (for accented or
"foreign" characters). E.g. what happens is you press the apostrophe
followed by a vowel? I imagine your GUI 'Keyboard' settings can be used
to alter the behaviour to your taste.