[plug] More invites up for grabs)

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 8 11:56:09 WST 2004

In message <s13eef8f.022 at gwsmtp.training.wa.gov.au>
on Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:39:42AM +0800, Milan Pospisil wrote:
> Well Folks, it is getting a little bit rich to have a go at someone
> who is offering something to his fellow PLUGers. Surely, this is not
> by any means some form of spam, there is not  any profit involved and
> above all it is not exactly easy to get immediately a Gmail account
> ATM. It seemed to be a nice gesture to ask PLUG members if anyone
> would be interested, however, not quite so in the eyes of some, as it
> would appear.

If everyone with a Gmail account were to do what Chris has been doing,
we would be getting *a lot* more e-mails every day! (I assume we'd
expect near-exponential growth in available offers, but I don't really
know how Gmail operates.) Andrew Furey seems to have made up a web
interface for the local exchange of PLUG Gmail offers, and we could go
so far as to add this to the list signature, if it is such a high-demand
item.