[plug] Samba and XP-SP2 clients

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Sep 8 17:49:33 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

> Interesting that MS manage to break Samba compatibility with each Service Pack.

SAMBA has always been a bit quirky for printing for me, even back as far as version 1. There have
always been a number of printing bugs lurking just waiting to trigger so I'm really not to suprised.

File serving works the same as before, just printing.

I have another oddity with some other machines here that are NAT behind a Cisco PIX. They can access
the file server no problems, but they can't print using SMB. I had to load an lpd driver on each
machine and print directly to the server.

Hmm must check if this latest version fixes that one.

Brad