mail-list vs news, was Re: [plug] Looks like the LCA DVD is out.

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Sat Sep 11 06:19:27 WST 2004

Alex Nordstrom wrote:

>Mozilla Thunderbird also has some limited list handling ability:
>http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

Very nice actually. Sort by thread and I don't think I have yet had a
message out of thread. It doesn't care that the subject changes part way
down the thread. I am seeing in-reply-to and reference headers but I am
not sure how it keeps track of threads. I actually keep all my PLUG mail
in one box, sorted by thread and "view threads with unread" so that I
only see stuff that I havn't read but get the whole thread to see where
its come from.[1]
It currently has 1433 messages in it and no apparent slow down. (I
havn't imported my plug box from Eudora on a 2k box but I will soon.
Tim

[1] Can be a nusiance marking a message as read so that a thread will
stay visible as I havn't worked out flags and stuff.