[plug] [Hey Bernd] Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 12 09:51:25 WST 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 22:58, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Sorry for sending this to the list :(
>
> Bernd, your mail server doesn't seem to like me.  I'm not sure what

It doesn't like Westnet... In March this year, several of their
customers (multiple source IP) started flooding my mail server with
(hundreds/thousands of) viruses. I have no idea of WestNet's dynamic
IP range, nor that of any other ISP, so I have no choice but to
refuse mail delivery from their whole netblock by default.

> would make it think my messages contained viruses after seeing just
> the RCPT TO command, but there's something a bit odd there.

You're white-listed now.