[plug] Mandrake 10 question with AMD64

Rod lavo at mac.com
Sun Sep 12 23:35:53 WST 2004

Hi All!

I have a question in regards to running Mandrake 10.0 Official on my
AMD64 system.  I have finally been able to get both XP and Linux to play
fair with each other, but my problems persist with Mandrake.

Specifically, when I load the Mandrake System Control Centre (where all
the system configuration is done), the splash screen appears and just
sits there.  I can run anything else, but the splash screen stays in the
foreground.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I have not tried a proper 64 bit distro yet, after the disaster of
installing Fedora Core2 64 bit :-)

Seeya

Rod!
Self-confessed linux newbie.