[plug] V-Gear TV tuner and capture card

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Sep 15 13:07:24 WST 2004

Rowan Sutherland wrote:

> mkdir /<workdir>/
> cd /<workdir>/
> tar xzf //path/to/driver-version/.tar.gz
> cd /driver-version/
> make KDIR=//path/to/kernel/source/tree/
> make install
>
> The make command, however, does not seem to work properly:
>
> bash: make: command not found
>
> I am not sure how to correct this.

Ok.. Detail time M'laddo!

What distribution are you running?
Do you have development tools installed? (try which gcc and which make to see if they are found)
Perhaps as your user you don't have the relevant locations in your path. (echo $PATH)
My make lives in /usr/bin/make, perhaps yours is somewhere else or you don't have permissions as
your user account to access it. (stranger things have happened).

You will also need the correct source tree for your currently running kernel installed
mine would be

make KDIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4.26

Do you have your kernel source or even headers installed?

I'm sure I'll have more questions for you!

Regards,
Brad