[plug] Don't do that!

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Thu Sep 16 12:30:40 WST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, quoth James Devenish:

> Probably. This month there was (again) a 40-message thread about e-mail
> vs webboards vs newsgroups, etc.

Ahh, I think I skipped most of that thread because (as you imply) that
particular discussion has been on PLUG many a time, with never a result.
Sometimes I wish I still had the time to read each and every PLUG email...

> I then asked about whether you were comfortable hosting another
> machine. Given these outcomes, I assume there must have been some
> discussion within the committee, but nothing has been officially
> announced.

It's the first I'd heard of it.

Although I'm happy to be hosting the sparc and xbox, I've been doing some
consolidation of PCs at home (I've gone from 6 machines constantly running
down to 3, and I'm about to reduce that by another one) to try and reduce
my skyrocketing power bill, so after that I'm really not too keen on
adding yet another machine to the house, especially if it only provides a
single service.

 - Matt