[plug] Off Topic: Cheap small-size PC wanted

Matthew PROUSE mousematt at webace.com.au
Thu Sep 16 18:43:53 WST 2004

Greetings

I am in the market for a small shuttle-like PC that costs less than $550. The
machine needs to be reasonably small, equipped with a CD-ROM, capable of
running Win2K or something similar and have the typical array of legacy ports
built into it.

It is being used as a POS/office workstation in a small kiosk in a major Perth
shopping centre. The kiosk is about to undergo a major shopfit and there is a
need to upgrade the technology. The entire workspace area allocated is one
metre square including phones, keyboards, scanners and faxes. A laptop is not
a viable solution. I was hoping to use a Wizard PC; I have three of them in a
box; however, the Cyrix 233 CPU is not powerful enough to run the POS
application.

I will gladly appreciate this list's guidance.

Matthew PROUSE