[plug] exim vhosts

Xander D Harkness harkness at redhat.com
Fri Sep 17 16:19:00 WST 2004

Shayne O'Neill wrote:

>A server I run wants to set up a separate mailman instance (from the
>current one) on another domain name and not have namespace collisions.
>
>The server is one from a community group server I look after, and it has a
>busy busy busy mailman on it, and we continually get requests for more
>more more email lists. Its part of us encouraging folks to get off the
>yahoogroups crackpipe.
>
>(perthgroups.org is going to be the name)
>
>aanyway. Is there a simple way to get exim to use a separate alias file
>for separate domains?

Yes, I do that for a number of domains.

Please note that there is a documented mailman howto, so you do not need
to set up a different alias for every mailing list.

What you ask though can be done as I do:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_toc.html#TOC326

  virtual:
    driver = redirect
    domains = dsearch;/etc/mail/virtual
    data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/mail/virtual/$domain}}
    no_more

Kind regards
Xander