[plug] alt+mouse?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Sep 17 20:26:47 WST 2004

In message <20040917121518.GA2265 at cp.yi.org>
on Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 08:15:18PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> James Devenish wrote:
>
> > > This is a window manager thing, and most gnome desktops now use
> > > metacity as their window manager....losing the title bar is bad,
> > > so metacity doesn't let it happen.
> >
> > WTF?
>
> Welcome to the new GNOME :-)  They've taken a leaf out of Apple's book
> and decided they should be making such decisions on behalf of their
> users.

I'm guessing that if you install your own X11 window manager (instead of
quartz-wm), you would be able to do it in X11 in Mac OS X. I'm pretty
sure Mac OS 8 and 9 let you do it by default, too. I hadn't consciously
noticed that it had gone in Mac OS X, although I certainly lament the
lack of grabbable edges. A quick look on VersionTracker didn't reveal
anything to provide the latter. I'm genuinely surprised by this.