[plug] CommIT Day 2, summary

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Sep 19 17:59:50 WST 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:54:05 +0800 Leon Brooks <leon at brooks.fdns.net>
wrote:

> Nobody said "no" or gave that puzzled/being-polite look which means
> either I don't understand this or don't like it so I'm going to nod,
> smile, accept the CD and move on.
>
> Harry, whe[n] you're connected to these lists, I'd also value some
> reports on the reactions you saw from the people you spoke with.

The reactions pretty much matched your own experiences Leon.

And similar numbers of:
- Existing OOo user upgrades,
- Confusion with Star Office,
- Heard of OOo but never tried (will do)
- Never heard of OOo but will take (and will/might try)

People didn't seem to mind me emphasising that taking away an
OpenOffice.org 1.1.2 CD was the single most important aspect of their
presence at the exhibition. Or they were being _very_ polite ;-)

Chatted to Glen Low http://www.pixelglow.com/ who was exhibiting on the
Open Source WA stand. Clever work.

scribe came in and played his Instalfest episode for his ByteMe doco series.
With some deft editing he had us all saying things on video that were
moderately sensible :-)

The place got a bit cruisier around 4.30-5.00 (Meaning: I wasn't the only
one who discovered the brown bottles available at the kiosk contained
a pleasing amber beverage with bubbles.)

There wasn't so much a Finale Grande; more a Dismantle Graduale.

cu
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/