Off-topic posts (was: Re: [plug] [OT] Nit-Picking)

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Sep 19 19:27:37 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

> Does the off-topic list contain threads that don't have their origins
> in the PLUG list?

It consists almost entirely of threads that don't start on [plug].

> Since it's not possible to subscribe to only a single isolated
> thread, being involved with the OT list would seem to imply all
> sorts of new and unconnected threads.

Hence my suggestion of replying to the relevant original posters in
the thread and Cc'ing the OT list when moving stuff off the main list.
(Changing the OT list so that it doesn't mangle Reply-To: would be
appropriate for encouraging this kind of behaviour.)  That way people
who aren't subscribed will be less likely to miss out on a discussion
that moves to the OT list.

Cameron.